Covering Kenya’s top game park, this three-day safari showcases the best of Kenya!
• Spectacular wildlife in Maasai Mara
• Meet Maasai in their traditional village
• Nairobi – plenty to do in East Africa’s capital
12 December: Nairobi to Maasai Mara
Pick up from the airport on arrival and drive to the world famous Maasai Mara Game Reserve arriving in time for lunch. Maasai Mara, Kenya’s greatest wildlife reserve, is without a doubt Africa’s most famous safari destination. The Maasai Mara Ecosystem is where over two million wildebeest and zebra migrate annually. It also holds one of the highest lion densities in the world, which is why it the home of the BBC wildlife channel’s Big Cat Diary. Other game includes: leopard, cheetah, buffalo, rhino, elephant, giraffe, zebra, lion, plains game, crocodile and small mammals including mongoose, hyrax, dik dik and the nocturnal porcupine. Enjoy a late afternoon game drive followed by dinner.
Included meals: Lunch, Dinner
13 December: Maasai Mara to Nairobi
Start the day with an optional early morning hot air balloon flight, including full champagne breakfast in the savannah, or proceed on another game drive. Spend the morning game driving in the Maasai Mara. The abundance and variety of game in this reserve is nothing short of amazing. Nearly every mammal can be seen in the Maasai Mara, including various antelopes, scavengers like hyena and vultures, and all the cats (lion, cheetah and leopard). Sighting a leopard needs luck more than just being there, but lions are abundant and there are excellent chances for spotting cheetah. The hippo pool is a popular spot to watch out for hippos; with luck, you may catch crocodile basking on the rocks. Elephants, buffalo, the Maasai giraffe, wildebeest and the common zebra abound. After lunch visit a nearby Maasai village to see their nomadic lifestyle and learn about their traditions and culture before heading back to Nairobi for the night.
Included meals: Breakfast
14 December: Nairobi
Visit the Animal Orphanage, David Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage, Giraffe Centre and Kazuri Beads on a full day city tour of Nairobi.
Included meals: Breakfast
Total Cost: US$741 per person
• All accommodation in basic accommodation
• All meals listed in the itinerary
• All transport and tours/game drives as listed on the itinerary in a comfortable safari van with pop up roof fit for photography, game viewing and touring
• Service of an English-speaking professional driver/guide
• Park entry fees and game drives in Maasai Mara Game Reserve (US$80 per day)
• Entrance fee to the Animal Orphanage (US$15)
• Entrance fee to the David Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage
• Entrance fee to the Giraffe Centre
• Arrival and departures transfers to and from the airport in Nairobi
• Travel insurance
• International flights and visas for Kenya ($50 to be confirmed by you for your nationality)
• Meals not listed
• Personal expenses or room charges including laundry, drinks and phone calls
• Additional optional activities
• Tips or gratuities – an entirely personal gesture
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to book your space today!